Mobilize is Now Hiring a
Line Cooks, Chefs, Kitchen Helpers Needed for Resort
Mobilize is hiring for several busy tourism outlets across Canada, with an urgent need in BC and Alberta (Do you love the Rockies? So do we!)
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
• Move between stations depending on the needs of each service
• Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
• Prepare sauces and assist prep-cooks prior to service
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards (e.g., WHMIS labels, food handling and storage, hygiene etc.)
• Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
• Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
• Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
• Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
• Read food order slips and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
• Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
• Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
• Pre-cook items such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings
• Other related duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
• Full-time, paid work. At Minimum, this will typically be provincial minimum wage plus any gratuities and overtime
• There are no fees for job seekers.
• This position will last for 6 months.
• you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
• Staff accommodations available for all Mobilize staff
• Employee is responsible for relocation and housing cost
• The program works in groups of employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
• Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
• Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
• Provide a clear police record.
• A sense of adventure!